- On September 19, 2018, Professor Rey will present a plenary talk at the 14th Research Congress, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Zaragoza, Campus II, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México: https://www.zaragoza.unam.mx/conferencia-magistral-estructura-y-funcionalidad-de-materiales-autoensamblables-biologicos-laminares/
- PhD graduate Tanvir Faisal, co-supervised with Prof. Pasini (Mech. Eng.), is now an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Prof. Rey will deliver a keynote lecture at the XVI Latinoamerican Polymner Symposium
XIV Iberoamerican Polymer Congress
Mar del Plata, Argentina
Nov 6-9, 2018
- Prof. Rey will deliver a keynote lecture at the XXIX Interamerican Congress of Chemical Engineering Incorporating the 68th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference; TORONTO, on OCTOBER 28-31, 2018: http://www.csche2018.ca/keynote-speakers
- Professor Rey will deliver an invited talk at the International Institute of Physics (Natal, Brazil). Workshop: Geometry of Soft Matter. Monday, May 21, 2018 – Friday, May 25, 2018. https://www.iip.ufrn.br/eventslecturer?inf==0keJpnT31TP
- Dr. Oscar Aguilar Gutiérrez wins the Polymer Processing Society 2017 graduate travel award, PPS-33 Cancun, Mexico.
- Dr. Alejandro D. Rey was appointed to the Advisory Board of Soft Matter.
- Pardis Rofouieeraghi paper in Soft Matter Volume 13 Number 3 21 January 2017 Pages 533–696 http://xlink.rsc.org/?DOI=C6SM02619B is featured in the front page.
- Professor Rey named in the top 10 reviewers for Soft Matter in 2016.
- Dr Alejandro D. Rey re-appointed James McGill Professor , May 2016.
- Research discoveries by Dr Rey’s group on the Understanding Nature’s Most Striking Colors are recognized by the American Institute of Physics ( September 19,2015)
- Dr. Rey’s 25 years of academic contribution were noted at McGill’s 46th Annual Quarter Century Club Gala, October 2014.
- In early October 2014, Dr Rey spoke at McGill’s Centre for Applied Mathematics in Bioscience and Medicine (CANBAM) Seminar Series.
- Dr. Edtson Emilio Herrera Valencia, previously a PDF from 2010 to 2013 with the MMRG, in September 2014 has been made Assistant Professor at the Universidad National Autonoma de México (UNAM), Dept. Chemical Engineering.
- The new Elsevier journal Colloid and Interface Science Communications (COLOM), in August 2014, appoints Rey to its 1st Editorial Board, http://www.journals.elsevier.com/colloid-and-interface-science-communications/editorial-board/.
- Professor Rey delivered the plenary lecture at the 4th International Colloids Conference in June 2014, in Madrid, Spain.
- In April 2014, Dr. Rey addressed the III Reunión Interdisciplinaria de Tecnología y Procesos Químicos – RITeQ 2014 in Los Cocos, Cordoba, Argentina.
- In November 2013, Dr. Rey was elected as a Fellow of the American Physical Society.
- The European Physics Letters shortlisted the E. R. Soulé and A. D. Rey article “Formation and kinetics of transient metastable states in mixtures under coupled phase ordering and chemical demixing”, (2009 EPL 86 46006) as the most downloaded paper in the last 3 years.
- The October 2013 Fiber Society’s 10th International Symposium, Fibers Interfacing the World, had invited Dr. Rey as the plenary speaker, in Clemson SC, USA.
- Hang Hu, MSc of the MMRG was the only Canadian Graduate Student selected to attend 3rd CP2K tutorial at ETH Zurich, funded by the European Center of Atomic and Molecular Calculation (CECAM) in June 2013.
- Dr. Rey was invited to speak at the X Simposio Argentino de Polímeros (SAP 2013), sesión de Nanotecnología Aplicada a Polímeros in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in August 2013.
- Dr. Tanvir Faisal, MMRG PhD 2013, is now Assistant Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dept. Mechanical Engineering, in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- In Honour of the McGill Centre for Applied Mathematics in Bioscience and Medicine’s Dr Michael Mackey’s 70th Birthday in June 2013, the University of Lyon/ MILYON, Lyon France, held a Mathematical Biology Meeting where Dr. Rey delivered the plenary address.
- Dr. Rey delivered a series of plenary talks at the Mathematics of Liquid Crystals Workshop, University of Cambridge, Isaac Newton Institute of Mathematical Sciences (INI), Cambridge UK, in March and July-August of 2013.
- Dr. Rey gave the plenary talk at XIII Superficies y Materiales Nanostructurados in May 2013, in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- In December 2012, Dr. Rey taught an intensive version of Energy Impact and Use (now CHEE 400 – Principles of Energy Conversion) at the University of Mar del Plata, Institute of Materials Science (INTEMA) in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- As part of his 2nd César Milstein Fellowship, in November of 2012, Dr Rey delivered the César Milstein Lecture, at the University of Mar del Plata, Institute of Materials Science (INTEMA) in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- Dr Rey was plenary speaker at the 2012 International Liquid Crystal Conference in Mainz Germany, August 2012.
- Dr. Rey gave the keynote address at the Soft Matter Science: Liquid Crystals, Elastomers and Complex Fluids Symposium at Georgia Institute of Technology, in Atlanta GA, in July 2012.
- Moeed Shahamat, PhD candidate in MMRG, attended the State-of-the-Art Algorithms for Molecular Dynamics Meeting, Numerical Algorithms and Intelligent Software (NAIS) in Edinburgh, Scotland in May 2012.
- Dr. Rey delivered the Sturgeon Lecture at the 2012 British Liquid Crystal Society Meeting in Glasgow, Scotland, April 2012.
- Dr. Edtson Emilio Herrera Valencia, Post Doc with the MMRG, won the prestigious 2012 Post Doctoral Research Fellowship from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Canada.
- Dr. Yogesh Kumar Murugesan, 2013 MMRG PhD alumni, is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Southampton UK.
- Dr. Paul Philips, PDF with MMRG from 2009 to 2011, is now Professor, The Holt School, Holt Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire UK.
- Dr. Samir H Mushrif, 2010 MMRG PhD alumni, joined the prestigious Nanyang Technological University of Singapore as Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Nasser M. Abukhdeir, 2010 MMRG PhD alumni, is currently Assistant Professor, Institute for Nanotechnology in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo ON.
- Dr. Dae Kun Hwang, 2006 MMRG PhD alumni, formerly with the University of Saskatchewan, is now Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture & Science in their Advanced Materials Research Group
- Dr. Susanta Das, 2000-05MMRG Post-Doc alumni, recently was promoted to Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Kettering University, Flint, MI.